What LifeTime teaches is “proactive” cedar and log home maintenance. When you notice a change, check it immediately, don’t wait! Problems with logs, especially decay, can and will multiply exponentially in a very short period of time. Maintaining a log home is not difficult as long as it’s not ignored. Developing a plan for your log cabin maintenance is helpful. There are things like cleaning gutters and trimming closely planted shrubbery that have to be done at least twice yearly.
We are a Full Service Log Home Maintenance Company. We offer a variety of yearly log home maintenance plans to ensure that you can enjoy every aspect of your home, without the worry of physically making sure it doesn’t rot down around you. Log Home Maintenance is based upon the environment and geographical location of your log home. Some log homes need attention annually whereas some log homes may only need attention every 2 to 3 years. Keeping up on your home maintenance can keep thousands of dollars from turning into tens of thousands of dollars in log home repair costs.
If you would like more information about our log home or cabin maintenance services give us a call 218.259.3872 or send us an email.
Log HomeMaintenance Checklist
- Are gutters and downspouts installed? If not, install. This is probably the single best investment you can make to help preserve your log home!
- Are the gutters and downspouts in good shape and clear of debris? Are the downspouts depositing rain-water far enough away from the home?
- Make sure window sills are sloped for proper drainage of water.
- Make sure any bushes or plants have a minimum of 18″ clearance away from the logs. This will allow access to the home of air circulation and prevent mold and mildew issues from the plants holding moisture against the wood.
- Make sure tree branches are trimmed back well away from the home. They can introduce the same detrimental issues to the logs as bushes and plants that are too close, and also the abrasion of the tree branches rubbing on the exterior finish can wear off the finish.
- Is the landscaping around the home set up properly so water drains away from the home? Make sure any sprinkler systems are not set up to spray the logs or railings, etc. of the home.